Thursday, May 5, 2011

It Matters to Me



"But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you..." Acts 26:16

The status on a friend's FaceBook page recently caught my attention.  It read:  The two most important days of your life:  The day you were born, and the day you figured out why.

When we think of important days in our lives, things like marriages, graduations, the birth of our children are usually what comes to mind.  For me, the three greatest gifts of my life are: my salvation, my wife and my kids.  Seldom, do we think of our own birth or the day when we realize our purpose.

But the day of our birth is a gift only He can give. It's the day He gives us breath, the chance to live, grow, learn and love. And for our families, had we not been born, our children and grandchildren would not be of this world (remember the butterfly effect?).  Our life, while imperfect, was created in His image, with His spirit indwelling. In return, His desire is that we choose Him, and strive to be more like him.  The day we figure out why we were born, is the day that God speaks loudly, and we hear clearly, a day in which we are rewarded for our prayer life and obedience.  And it's the day we are set free to go and do His work.

God is God, the Creator of all things in the universe. He knew us before we were born, and knew the purpose He had for you. Jeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." To understand the importance of your life, look into the eyes of your children.



Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment