Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I AM the Good Shepherd – Lesson 4

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." – John 10:11

Spend any time around animals, and you learn that they quickly become reliant on you for food, shelter, and protection. Try feeding a stray cat just one time – right Meghan? Likewise with sheep, a strong bond forms between them and the shepherd.  They learn to trust and rely on him completely for protection. Unlike hired hands who may run at the first sign of danger, leaving the flock unprotected, the shepherd committed to watching over his sheep.

In verse 11, Jesus makes it clear He is the good shepherd, who in verse 15, says "I will lay down My life for the sheep."  He is the defender of life, saying in John 10:27-28, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

I Am the bread of life!
I Am the light of the world!
I Am the door of the sheep!
I Am the good shepherd!

Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment