Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I AM the Door of the Sheep – Lesson 3

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep." – John 10:7

Each evening the shepherds would lead their flocks into stone enclosures to protect them from predators and thieves. Because these structures had no doors, the shepherd would lie in the opening, so that any would-be attacker had to get through the shepherd to get to the sheep.  Likewise, with Jesus as our shepherd, If we are willing to stand behind Him, trusting Him with our life, the enemy has to first come through Christ to get to us.  And we know that the enemy cannot defeat the Son of God.

As the door of the sheep, Christ is "the door" of our salvation.

I Am the bread of life!
I Am the light of the world!
I Am the door of the sheep!

Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment