Monday, May 9, 2011

I AM the light – Lesson 2

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12

We learn at a young age the literal difference between the darkness of night, and the light of day.  In darkness we can't see our hand in front of our faces, but in the light of day, we can find our way.  Likewise, in the the spiritual world, with Christ as our light, the pathway to truth is plain to see. To a world in darkness, God sent His son to be the constant light of holiness.   In saying "I am," Jesus makes an exclusive statement to the world, that He is the light to God.

"For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." – Ephesians 5:8


"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." – Psalm 119:105



I am the bread of life!
I am the light of the world!


Seeking and Following,

Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment