Monday, June 6, 2011

The Lord is "MY" Shepherd

Thank you very much to Pastor Michael Hailey for the inspiration behind this series. His teaching over the last several weeks has been something in which I have cherished, and found great comfort and knowledge.

Perhaps there is no scripture more widely read than Psalms 23.  If you are like me, unfortunately you associate these verses with funerals. But as I studied along with Michael's teaching, I realized this scripture, while offering comfort at times when we grieve, should really be giving us daily assurance as we live.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." – Psalms 23:1

While we focus on the word "shepherd," perhaps the most important word here is "MY." He watches over MY life.  Cares for me and meets MY needs.  He is MY protector and MY guide. His love for me while undeserved, is unquestioned, unwavering and unconditional.  So complete are His provisions, that I desire for nothing. I have everything that I need through MY shepherd.

Philippians 4:11 says, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content..."

> The Lord is my shepherd:  He is my provider.

Seeking and Following,

Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment