Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Help Me with My Unbelief


"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes."  – Ephesians 6:11


Tonight I watch the movie "The Rite" with Anthony Hopkins. The movie takes part of it's theme from the experiences of two actual priests. I watched as the young man, studying to become a priest, struggled with doubt in his heart. And through some dramatic spiritual warfare, not only found his soul, but learned that his faith was very real, as IS his God.


I am going to be brutally honest with you all. For more than a year now, I have been in a season of testing and struggle.  And while I have about an hour of intense conversation with God everyday, and mini prayers throughout the day, I still struggle with fear, anxiousness and doubt. I know in my heart what I believe, I know the words that I write here in BND, but the experiences of this world don't completely release its grip. I pray for God to help me with my unbelief. The unbelief that cause fear, anxiousness and doubt.


I saw the same conflict in the young priest in the movie.  And as the movie unfolded, I was reminded of Ephesians 6:11-20.  And with this, comes our next series of study.


I know the unbelief that lingers is a scheme of the enemy.  A trick to try and convince me that God is not who He says he is. And because the enemy is constantly trying to find weaknesses in my soul, it is imperative that I am girded in God's word, His Armor, each and every day.


I encourage you to join me over the next several days as we study from Ephesians.



Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment