Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Will Dwell in the House of the Lord Forever!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." – Psalms 23:6

When we are in the midst of a heart-breaking loss, anxiousness or trying experiences, it's hard to see the goodness and mercy that follows us.  But after we pass through those valleys, God's mercy becomes abundantly clear, and we realize that He was with us all along. Do you know what the coolest part is?  Above all else, His gift of eternity awaits us!

I began this series with excitement, as I have always loved the prose of this passage. But having studied the verses in singularity, I am forever moved by the depth of God's graciousness and love that He has for me, for us.

The LORD is my shepherd;I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
        
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
        
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell
 in the house of the LORD forever.

Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment