Monday, March 14, 2011

God Whispers

"The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang. But, the man did not hear.

So the man yelled, "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky. But, the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said, "God let me see you." And a star shined brightly. But the man did not see. 

So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here." Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man. But, the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on."

This past weekend, I went camping with my son in the Ocala National Forest.  There is only one other place on earth where the stars shine brighter (Dennis, you know of where I speak). The air was brisk, and the fire, warm. Each morning we woke to the Whippoorwill, and the birds of song. Our pleasures were simple - black coffee perked over the morning fire. Roasted marshmallows in the evening. Quiet time in a canoe, a five pound bass that would not bite, and watching the otters play.

This weekend I heard God whispering. Saw him shining. And felt his touch. Thank you Lord, for simple pleasures and your quiet voice.


"Joyful are those who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me outside my home!"  – Proverbs 8:34


Seeking and Following,


Dean


You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment