Sunday, March 20, 2011

Coincidence or God Moments


Since this blog has gone up, you have become accustom to each message closing with the benediction.  Rather than reading it last, today, read it first, then come and read the rest of today's note.




I used to think of them as coincidences - remarkable concurrences of events.  But as my faith deepened, He revealed to me that there are no casual connections, but God connections. If you will awaken your senses to His spirit, you too will see, that nothing happens by accident.  God has a way of bringing people and experiences into our lives for teachable moments.  We need only be tuned in, so as those moments happen, we are ready to grow.


Last Spring, as we as a family were coming to grips with my father's illness, I was on the phone talking to him about "God things." At the very moment when we were on the phone, two things happened. My friend Bryan Davis sent me a video about a young man dealing with cancer. And, on the other end of the phone, the chaplain had walked into my dad's hospital room to talk to him about his illness and faith. I KNEW IMMEDIATELY that God was working here.  A moment that we both embraced.




Take a few minutes to listen to the words of Zac Smith.  This video was a great source of comfort to both dad and me.  Zac died a week after this video came to us. But in Zac's words, "God is still God, and God is still good. To God be the glory."




Seeking and Following,
Dean


You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment