Thursday, March 24, 2011

God Hates!

These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 
A proud look, 
A lying tongue, 
Hands that shed innocent blood, 
A heart that devises wicked plans, 
Feet that are swift in running to evil, 
A false witness who speaks lies, 
And one who sows discord among brethren." – Proverbs 6:16-19

These words are pretty straightforward.  "The Lord hates" is about as extreme as it gets.  

I remember decisions and choices that I made in my life. There were times that I made decisions as to not disappoint my parents. Then there were choices I made, where I hoped to keep from them. But with our Heavenly Father, there is no hiding anything.  He knows who we are, the condition of our heart, and our desires.

I am a sinner, something in which I find no pride.  And as a seeker, sin in my heart is something that I pray to lose each and every day.  For the asking, God forgives. But I'm not so sure His grace is our free ticket to continue choosing sin.  The verse today is a pretty bold conviction of those things that displease our Father.  If there are things that we would never do, as to not disappoint our parents, why would we do them knowing that God knows?

Seeking and Following,
Dean

Aunt Nancy, We were so sorry to learn today that Uncle Earl passed away last evening.  Our prayers of love and comfort are with you.

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment