Monday, September 19, 2011

Freedom of Speech, Except for Christians

"And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved." – Mark 13:13

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine was harassed by his home owners association for having a bible study in his home. Three weeks in a row, the study was interrupted by the knock on the door from a deputy from the Hillsborough County Sheriff department. Upon the third visit, my buddy questioned the deputy about the harassment, and sited a well known Supreme Court case that protects his right to meet in his home.  The deputy has not been back.  

From time to time, I've felt that God has led my wife and me to home school our kids, for no other reason than to spare them the embarrassment that would surely occur from my protests over some of the things taught and not taught in public schools. And so it is, when I hear stories like the one I read about today in The Blaze, I become incensed by the abject disregard for our Christian heritage and First Amendment right.



When big brother confronts you, how will you react?



Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment