Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Prayed For:


Last night I was stunned for a second time in as many weeks to learn that a friend of mine died. He had not been sick to my knowledge and was only 37. In searching for answers I stumbled on this prayer that he had posted to his blog, ironically the day before he died. Enjoy your journey Bryan.


I asked God for health, that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve; I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy; I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for but everything I had hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am among men, most richly blessed.

- Unknown Civil War soldier

Seeking and Following,
Dean

You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you, wherever you are, God has put you there; He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who dwells within you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and go in His grace and love and power.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Dean. Saw your comment to his blog as well.

    ReplyDelete